Invisalign® Teen: Invisible Orthodontics for Teenagers
Invisalign® Teen is an alternative to traditional Invisalign® treatment. It was developed by orthodontists who had the needs of teenage patients in mind. Teenagers have a number of concerns when it comes to emerging teeth, maturation, and a general sense of self-esteem. Nordhus Dentistry is proud to offer this invisible orthodontics treatment to teens in the greater Wichita, KS area.
Invisalign® Teen has special features that are not available with traditional Invisalign®. Otherwise, Invisalign® Teen works the same, simple way. Patients wear their aligners at all times save when eating, drinking, or cleaning their teeth (approximately 22 hours a day). Every two weeks, patients replace their previous aligner with a new one, to gradually shift their teeth into a more ideal position.
What Makes Invisalign® Teen Different?
There are a few key innovations that make Invisalign® Teen unique. They are as follows:
- Blue dot indicator for replacement
- Eruption tabs for incoming teeth
- Replacement aligners free of charge
Let’s explore each of these in more detail below.
Blue Dot Indicator
As we noted above, every two weeks, a patient will swap out their current Invisalign® Teen aligner for a new one. As a helpful reminder, Invisalign® Teen aligners have a special blue dot indicator on them. When the blue dot fades, it’s time for the next aligner in sequence.
Sometimes Invisalign® treatment can start before all of a patient’s permanent teeth have emerged. Eruption tabs in Invisalign® Teen help accommodate incoming teeth, allowing them to emerge naturally and fit perfectly as they have fully come in. This is a great way to avoid the need for additional orthodontic work later on in life.
Replacement Aligners Free of Charge
Accidents can happen. Sometimes you might wind up misplacing an aligner or losing track of it while out with your friends. The people who developed Invisalign® Teen understand this, which is why it’s possible to order a select number of replacement aligners free of charge. Obviously you can’t make a habit of this, but a replacement here and there can be very helpful.
The Benefits of Invisalign® Teen
We’ve gone over the innovations unique to Invisalign® Teen. Let’s now consider some of the key benefits/advantages of Invisalign® Teen over braces and normal orthodontic treatment.
- Convenient and Easy - Invisalign® Teen aligners are easy to take out, clean, and put on. It’s as simple as putting in a retainer.
- You Can Eat Your Favorite Foods - Since the Invisalign® Teen aligners are removable, you can eat your favorite foods without worrying about anything.
- Orthodontic Care without Telltale Signs - No brackets, no wires, and no bands are required for Invisalign® Teen. It’s just a clear plastic aligner tray that’s very hard to notice.
- Smile without Worry Around Others - Thanks to the durable yet clear plastic used for Invisalign® Teen trays, you won’t have to feel self-conscious about laughing and smiling around others.
Learn More About Invisalign® Teen
To learn more about Invisalign® Teen and if it’s the right option for you and your needs, be sure to contact an experienced cosmetic and restorative dentist today. The team at Nordhus Dentistry will be here to help you smile with renewed confidence.