Full Mouth Reconstruction
Missing teeth, infection, and other dental problems can take a serious toll on both your oral and overall health. It can also affect your confidence and quality of life. Full mouth reconstruction by Dr. Bryon Nordhus in Wichita, KS, uses multiple restorative treatments to completely rehabilitate your smile. If you feel that the state of your smile is hopeless, think again - under Dr. Nordhus' care, you can expect to reclaim complete comfort, health, and functionality.
Benefits of Full Mouth Reconstruction
This custom treatment can allow you to experience:
- Teeth retention: Dr. Nordhus will make every attempt to preserve your natural teeth. A root canal and a dental crown, for example, can save a tooth affected by extensive decay or trauma.
- A more attractive smile: This treatment will not only restore balance and function, but also help your smile to look entirely natural, symmetrical, and attractive.
- A balanced bite: Cracked, chipped, or missing teeth can interfere with the way the jaws meet. Dr. Nordhus can replace missing teeth and straighten misaligned teeth to restore this important balance. This aspect of treatment can relieve strain on your jaw joints and help to prevent or address temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder.
- Improved oral health: Your oral health has a significant influence on your overall health. By resolving issues such as gum disease, you can reduce your risk of conditions such as heart disease and osteoporosis.
Am I a Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
In short, if your smile requires more than one treatment in order to fully restore health, comfort, and function, you are probably a candidate for full mouth reconstruction. When determining your candidacy for specific procedures that can be incorporated into your treatment plan, Dr. Nordhus will examine your teeth, jaws, and medical history while listening to your personal goals. Your treatment can be tailored to address:
- Decayed, broken, cracked, or missing teeth
- Gum disease
- TMJ disorder
- Dental misalignment
If your smile requires more than one treatment in order to fully restore health, comfort, and function, you are probably a candidate for full mouth reconstruction.
Based on your examination, Dr. Nordhus may recommend any combination of:
- Dental implants
- Dental fillings
- TMJ treatment
- Periodontal care (including deep cleanings)
We understand that there are many issues that can make it difficult for patients to comfortably undergo dental treatment. Some patients feel anxious when visiting the dentist's office, while others have conditions such as arthritis that make it difficult to sit still for long periods. Please let us know about anything that might compromise your comfort during your treatment so that we can recommend a sedation option to help you relax. We offer nitrous oxide, IV sedation, and oral conscious sedation to help you achieve a relaxing state of near-sleep during your full mouth reconstruction.
Call Our Clinic Today
Full mouth reconstruction allows multiple issues to be addressed in one comprehensive treatment. To learn more about how this treatment can benefit you, or to schedule your first appointment, contact us online or call (316) 352-9897.