Enjoy Fast, Comfortable Treatment with the Solea Laser
We are proud to be the first dental office in Kansas to offer treatment using the Solea Laser. This revolutionary CO2 laser can be used in both soft- and hard-tissue treatments, and requires no local anesthesia. Dr. Byron Nordhus uses the Solea Laser to remove decay, contour gum tissue, and perform other restorative and cosmetic treatments. To learn more about the Solea Laser, contact Nordhus Dentistry in Wichita, KS, today.
About the Solea Laser
The Solea Laser is the first CO2 laser approved by the FDA for use in soft- and hard-tissue dental treatments. It is an isotopic CO2 laser that can painlessly vaporize enamel, dentin, and gum tissues. Dr. Nordhus controls the laser using a computerized program that moves small mirrors within the handpiece, which adjusts the power and size of the laser beam. He adjusts how fast the laser excises tissue using a special foot pedal.
Solea Laser Treatments
Because it is a highly versatile instrument providing a wealth of valuable benefits, Dr. Nordhus uses the Solea Laser in the majority of his dental treatments. It has applications for general, cosmetic, and restorative treatments, including:
- The removal of decayed enamel and dentin from a tooth in preparation for a filling.
- The removal of diseased gum tissue.
- Gum tissue reshaping to correct uneven or excessive gum tissue.
- The elimination of bacteria within pockets that develop below the gum line.
- Enamel and dentin reduction in preparation for dental inlays and onlays, crowns, or porcelain veneers.
- Smoothing chips or cracks on the bite surface of a tooth.
- Creating a flush, smooth surface after filling or bonding material has been applied.
The Benefits of the Solea Laser
The Solea Laser provides many benefits when compared to traditional dental drills and other types of lasers. It gives Dr. Nordhus the ability to perform treatments more efficiently, with enhanced safety and improved patient satisfaction. Patients undergoing treatment using the Solea Laser can expect to experience:
- Less bleeding during treatments. The Solea Laser instantly seals incisions and greatly reduces blood loss.
- Comfort. The Solea Laser has a numbing effect, so your treatment is very comfortable, and requires no local anesthetic.
- Near-silent treatment.
- Minimized anxiety. Many patients find that because treatment using the Solea laser does not require local anesthetic injections and involves virtually no noise from the laser, they can achieve greater relaxation in the dentist's chair.
- Faster healing times and decreased risk of infection.
- Shorter treatment times than with traditional drills.
- Minimized risk of infection than with traditional handheld tools, as the Solea Laser kills bacteria.
- No need for sutures following treatment.
The Solea Laser can be used to treat patients of all ages. Your entire family can enjoy the comfort and precision that the Solea Laser provides.
Contact Us Today
We believe dental treatment should be as efficient, effective, and comfortable as possible. The Solea Laser is helping us to deliver even better treatment to our patients. To learn more about the Solea Laser, contact Nordhus Dentistry and schedule an appointment today.